Saturday, August 14, 2010

That's All She Wrote.

I'm sitting here in my room in Pretoria for the last time writing today. It feels surreal to be saying that! It's been an emotional week full of relief, sadness, pride, happiness and both a sense of loss and gain. My final day of practicum was yesterday and I cried a lot! I couldn't help myself mid-presentation when speaking to the entire team about my time with the Department. It all just Hit Me. Hard!

Then I had my two supervisors write in my final evaluation. Carmen's comments in particular were so poignant and moving. Here is a snippet:
I believe attitude determines altitude. Life shrinks and expands in relation to one's courage. Brianna's can-do attitude combined with her courage to challenge herself and others shows a very strong internal locus of control. This not only makes her resilient; but also industrious, creative and brave. She will add value to development work and will change the world one step at a time.
I was so touched. She is a brave and amazing woman herself. Here is a picture of us at my going away dinner on Thursday night:



Now I can relax a bit! I am heading to Cape Town tomorrow to spend my remaining days on the coast. I am not sure how much I will blog next week, but I will certainly comment on my holiday once I get back to Canada.

Signing off from Pretoria one last time,
Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment